Saturday, August 2, 2014

Apollo 11 article accepted! (post 55)


One of the first rejection letters I received was from Readers’ Digest (not surprising because it was certainly a long shot). However, as more rejections came back, I despaired about my Apollo 11 article being published. However, in early September, 1969, I received this letter from Edgar Good from the American Red Cross Youth Journal offering me $125 for the manuscript and first publication rights ($812 in 2014 dollars). This would cover my $94.50 airfare and a little more so I quickly accepted. I had sent with the manuscript some  crude photographic copies of my best color slides. Then I waited to see how the first memoir of my trip would turn out (more in different formats would come later).

#Apollo11Eyewitness  Post #55  August-September, 1969 Events


 


No comments:

Post a Comment