Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Return to Earth (post 50)


On July 21, 1969 I slept until 10:30 a.m. at the Sea Missile motel, grabbed some brunch at the Astrodine, and went to the News Center to write a final story for the Daily about the return to Earth. I listened at the News Center to the critical lift-off of Eagle’s ascent stage back to lunar orbit and a rendezvous with Mike Collins in Columbia. After phoning in the story to the Daily on a pay telephone, I returned to the motel to pack. This was not easy because I had collected piles of flight plans, news releases, and a complete set of transcripts for July 16-20. I had planned for this by bringing a half-full large suitcase, however it was still difficult to fit everything. I paid my motel bill, which was $8 per night because my flight was to leave the next day back to the “real” world. My wonderful trip to the Cape was at an end, but not my reportage of Apollo 11.

#Apollo11Eyewitness  Post #50  July 21, 1969 Events
http://apollo11eyewitness-chudwin.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment