Friday, June 20, 2014

A checklist for my Apollo 11 trip (post 20)


Fast forward to July 11, 1969. It is my 19th birthday today and I am leaving in two days for Cape Kennedy to cover the first attempt to land men on the Moon. There are so many details to remember that I type out a reminder list. I don’t want to forget to bring important items such as “tickets, NASA badges, CPS badge and letter, motel reservation confirmation, NASA instructions, road map…” I also remind myself to “check in with NASA News Center, see about interviews, get Complex 39 Parking Pass from NASA…” In addition, I include a schedule of possible news stories. I go out to the drugstore and buy three rolls of Kodachrome color slide film (36 exposures each) for the old Retina camera my father is lending me.  I also buy a 15 cent pocket spiral notebook to scribble notes on during the rapidly approaching adventure.

#Apollo11Eyewitness  Post #20

No comments:

Post a Comment