Monday, June 9, 2014

An airline ticket to Florida (post 7)


With or without a NASA press pass, I decided to persist with my plans to go to the Cape for Apollo 11 instead of attending Woodstock (I couldn’t do both because of lack of time off and of money). It would be a unique opportunity to view a Saturn V launch and it was already clear that there would be a lot of festivities surrounding the first attempt at a lunar landing. Forty-five years ago today (June 2) I bought my airplane ticket to fly to Florida. It cost $94.50, which is equivalent to about $610 in 2014 dollars. For a college student at the time this was a big investment, but I had ideas how to earn my way. With an air ticket and a motel reservation, my friend Marv and I were “GO for Apollo 11”!

#Apollo11Eyewitness  Post #7

No comments:

Post a Comment